Steps to Prepare your Home for
the Best Cleaning Ever
It's cleaning day!
Are you looking forward to a clean, healthy, fresh-smelling home?
So are we!
Our truck, and all our equipment is clean and ready to go.
There are only a few things that we ask of you to get ready for cleaning day —
and some tips to get the most from our cleaning service...
1. Prepare Carpet to be Cleaned
1. Please thoroughly vacuum your carpets to get them ready for a deep cleaning.
2. Lay entry mats on the carpet — I clean those for free!
3. Please remove small items like floor plants, ottomans, small tables, magazine racks, dining-room chairs, and anything on the floor that would hinder the cleaning process.
4. We also would appreciate the floors to be free of personal items, toys, books, etc.
5. Please remove small items such as lamps, vases, family heirlooms, and other breakables from counters and table tops prior to our arrival.
6. Please pin up full-length draperies so they are at least 6 inches off the floor. Also, please pin up the skirts on upholstered furniture and bed coverings that are touching the floor.
Save us a Parking Space
Our powerful truck-mounted equipment needs a little room. We'll need to park the vehicle as close as possible to an entry door in order to run hoses for the cleaning equipment. The closer the better.
If you intend to leave while we are working, you may want to remove your vehicle from the garage, so we aren't blocking you in while we work.
Secure Your Pets
Please secure your pets away from the areas being cleaned. The noise from some of the cleaning equipment may frighten some pets. And we want to make sure your pets don't get loose, as the door will be open (to allow for hoses) during your cleaning. Please make arrangements for your pets prior to our arrival.
Prepare for Pre-Cleaning Walk-through
Although a full inspection is part of our complete service, nobody knows your home better than you do!
Tell us your special concerns and expectations.
Please let us know your highest traffic lanes, and point out spots and stains, and tell us what they are, if you know. That way, we can give those area(s) extra care — and apply special techniques if necessary — and you can have the peace of mind knowing that we will address these areas.
Please also let us know of any special instructions to follow, or if there are any broken or fragile furnishings, with weak legs, or loose tops, for example.
Prepare for After the Cleaning
It's a good idea to plan ahead for the necessary drying time after your cleaning.
For best results, follow these tips after your cleaning:
• Please leave plastic tabs and blocks under your furniture for 48 hours.
• Avoid walking on the carpet (especially with shoes) until the carpet is dry. This can take 2 to 8 hours, depending on humidity and temperature.
• Providing air flow by opening windows, turning on fans, and running A/C or heat will help speed up the drying process.
• Don't let your kids or pets lie down on the carpet until it is completely dry.
• Slipping hazard: Please use caution when walking from the damp carpet to any hard-surface area.
Note: If outside air temperature is below 20 degrees, we may have to reschedule.
As always, please call me if you have any questions.
Joe Gradwohl, owner